Sunday, September 28, 2008

Word on the Street - over for another year

It was a crush, but I got a lot of great books.

Here's the Scholastic booth, which is where I spend most of my time - and money - at Word on the Street.

It looks crowded, and it is, but you get to the front pretty quickly.

The Scholastic people offer these great "book bundles" - five or six books from a series for one low price. I got a set of Geronimo Stilton for 10 bucks, for instance. (That's going to be a Christmas gift.)

Half the Scholastic booth is French, which is perfect for me, because I've just started teaching my son some French. For some reason, though, every book I bought in French is about a dog.

This year I bought more than a dozen books for what I would normally spend on one or two books. A pretty great deal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: